Gifted Community Centre, GCC is a registered, independent, disability and development youth led (community-based) organization formed for and by youth with disabilities in Nairobi, Kenya. It was formed by two youth with disabilities who share a vision of an empowered and inclusive society. We majorly target youth/persons with disabilities residing within the informal settlements of Nairobi, especially Kibera, and college/university youth with disabilities. We MENTOR, EDUCATE, INFORM, EMPOWER, and ADVOCATE on and for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in pursuit of independence, decent living, and full utilization of untapped potential of youth with disabilities.
Our team is composed of young people with and without disability below the age of 35 years. In all positions advertised, we look for very quick learners, self-starters, innovative, and YOUNG individuals.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
GCC is looking for a short-term consultant privy on sexual and reproductive health rights to conduct a MID-TERM evaluation of an ongoing SRHR project for women with invisible disabilities. The consultant will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the project and organization. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the project. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the project team particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues to strengthen the organization’s monitoring and evaluation systems.
Specifically, the consultant will:
- Undertake a MID-TERM evaluation of the ongoing SRHR project
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Conduct capacity building trainings to GCC team on monitoring and evaluation
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
Expression of Interest: Any person interested in undertaking this task should send an expression of interest comprising:
- A two page technical proposal stating briefly how you will undertake the above tasks, expected tools to be used, CVs of all involved persons, a copy of your previous work/link (annexed).
- Financial proposal: The work is expected to be undertaken within two months. The budget should therefore be broken down for within those two months: consultancy fees, data collection etc
- Mode of payment:
First instalment: The consultant will be paid 20% of the quoted amount after submission of the inception report.
Final instalment: 80% of the amount agreed in the contract shall be paid upon completion of task, acceptance and approval of the final report and any other documents pertaining to this assignment.
- Must hold a diploma/degree in monitoring and evaluation, project management, public policy, international development, statistics, or any other related field
- Must have experience in conducting external monitoring and evaluation for community based or not for profit organizations
- Must be well versed with disability issues in Kenya
- Must have worked in or come from Kibera
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
HOW TO APPLY:
More details about us: http://giftedcommunitypwd.org/
NB: GCC does not tolerate corruption, sexual harassment, and abuse. We have strict measures in place.